Established by the American Academy of American Poets, the month-long celebration is designed to bring the public's awareness to the art of poetry.
The goals of National Poetry Month include:
• Encourage the reading of poems
• Assist teachers in bringing poetry into their classrooms
• Encourage increased publication, distribution, and sales of poetry books
• Encourage support for poets and poetry
In celebration of the annual event, MANA plans to blog examples of poetry written by MANA authors, including:
• A Collection of Prayers Of An Alpha Man by Clarence C. Straham Sr.
• A Soldier's Poetic Response: A Slice of His Life by Captain Adrian D. Massey
• Della's Writings, A Senior Citizen's Poetry and Short Stories by Della Frye
• In His Name: A Collection of Prayers by Clarence C. Straham Sr.
• Meta-tations: A Book of Mental Meanderings by Dr. Jerry L. Curtis
• Poems of the Spirit: In God's Hands by Shirley Barnett
• Simply: A Collection of Poetry by Jessyca Mathews
• Sweet Ache: Poetry of the Soul by Elesia K. Powell
Start your celebration today of National Poetry Month by reading a poem!
For more information about National Poetry Month, visit The Academy of American Poets' web site HERE: