MarketingNewAuthors.com (MANA) has a great creative opportunity for young writers. If you are 17 years old or younger or if you are a parent wanting to help your child develop his or her creative writing skills, then look no further than MANA's Continuous Short Story for Young Writers.
Besides making a written contribution, young writers will be helping Forgotten Harvest, a non-profit food rescue organization that distributes 138,000 pounds of surplus food to local charities, providing needy individuals and families with fresh and nutritious food free of charge.
The COVID-19 pandemic fueled an economic crisis that has jeopardized the health, safety, and employment of people who now find themselves in dire circumstances. Forgotten Harvest has helped many people through these trying times.
Through this short story project, MANA will donate to Forgotten Harvest, BUT AT NO COST to those who contribute to the short story.
MANA IS NOT ASKING FOR MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS ONLY LITERARY CONTRIBUTIONS.
YOUR LITERARY CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE MATCHED WITH A MONETARY CONTRIBUTION TO FORGOTTEN HARVEST!
This is how MANA's Blog Continuous Short Story works:
1. The photo at the top of this blog post serves as a writing prompt. The first person to post can write five sentences or more based on the prompt.
2. The next writer adds to the story of the first post. After that, every writer adds to the story of the previous writer.
3. For every 10 posts of five sentences or more, MANA will donate $10 to Forgotten Harvest (up to $500).
This activity is twofold:
• It provides money for Forgotten Harvest to distribute food to charities that help people in need.
• It provides an opportunity for your child (and you, too!) to be part of a creative experience.
Have your child post his or her contributions in the comment box below. Writers will be able to contribute as many times as they would like.
Tell other parents about MANA's project or have your child tell his or her friends so everyone can help families get through these uncertain times.
To learn more about how this works, go here to check out our 2019 Blog Continuous Short Story for young writers or click on the photos on the right-hand side of the blog.
To double the fun—and the donations—MANA also has a continuous short story for adults (18 years old and older). MANA is giving people of all ages another way to be a positive part of the challenge of COVID-19!
Questions? Contact MANA at 734-975-0028 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org