In a society that often promotes values that many parents find unacceptable, mothers and fathers may struggle to find ways of teaching their children ethics and morals at an early age.
- What do you think happened to the toy?
- Is this girl in the photo the owner of the toy?
- How would you feel if the toy were yours?
- How could you accept responsibility?
- Has this every happened to you?
- How would you handle this? What would you do?
Children can answer these questions on their own or their parent or teacher can ask the questions and discuss the answer with the child. The photos and the text appeal to a broad age range and prompt more ways to teach children values.